We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced SQL Developer.
What will you do…
- Developing and maintaining Stored Procedures for the SAMURAI platform.
- Developing and delivering standard & custom reports for customers.
- Troubleshooting and optimizing existing SQL code.
- Supporting various data imports and exports and troubleshooting performance issues off-hours as needed.
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the databases.
- Designing databases and ensuring their stability, reliability, and performance.
- Design, create and implement database systems based on the end user's requirements.
- Improve application's performances.
- Prepare documentations for database applications.
- Memory management for database systems.
- Develop database schemas, tables and dictionaries.
- Ensure the data quality and integrity of databases.
- Fix any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Take regular database backup.
- Test databases and perform bug fixes.
- Provide authentication and authorizations for Database.
- Develop best practices for database design and development activities.
- Delivering quality work while operating as a team player while valuing SAMURAI’s mission and culture.
Why you are qualified…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience with MS SQL Server.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2017/2012/2008/2005.
- Experience with complex Stored Procedures and strong T-SQL skills.
- 3+ years of experience studying, analyzing, and optimizing Execution Plans.
- 3+ years of experience with SSRS (previous experience with Crystal Reports or similar software okay).
- Experience with DB tools like Red Gate, SQL Sentry, etc.
- Experience with SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Clustering.
- Familiarity with Data integrations (e.g., VPN, API), Data Modeling.
- Experience with Web applications, Log Shipping.
- Familiarity with the .NET Framework.
- NoSQL experience (SOLR, MongoDB, etc).
- Experience with Agile/scrum technology of software development lifecycle.
- Strong analytical thinkers.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience of working with remote teams.
- Someone who can drive processes independently.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Who we are…
SAMURAI is a cloud-based service designed for giving life digital financial content and personalize them based on readers’ unique needs. We are a rapidly growing financial analysis, analytics and TaaS (Trading as a Service) platform helping hedge funds, banks, institutional investors and individual investors increase market engagement, gain insights, improve trade performance, and quantify risk/reward with world-class user experience and visualizations. We have an extraordinary team of passionate professionals, in various subject areas, who love working together to help build, manage and maintain the platform every trading day.
Stuff to perk you up even more…
- Excellent compensation package: Good hourly rates, yearly bonus, and stock options
- Four-day work week*
- Flexible work arrangements
- Training in new technologies and growth opportunities
- Learn from dedicated people and strong leadership
- Work for a dynamic and global workforce
- Opportunity to work from a choice of work centers in the future - India, Ukraine, Dominican Republic, and other countries.
*Starting in 2019.
SAMURAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all contractees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, We complies with all federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.