We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Region Implementation Manager.
What will you do…
- Carry an implementation project load of at least 1 software implementation with a SAMURAI Partner at a time.
- Provide team leadership and demonstration of technical knowledge to support Partner Implementations by researching and answering questions; troubleshooting problems; optimizing software performance.
- Maintain an awareness of implementation timelines for assigned Partners and work closely with Implementation Managers, Configuration Analysts, Partner Relationship Managers, Billing, Learning and Development, Consulting, Technology, Sales, and Partners to ensure that timelines are met and needs are addressed, and to provide the necessary guidance and management if projects are off track and off schedule.
- Monitor and respond to biweekly Partner implementation surveys addressing any issues or concerns raised by Partner. Use as a basis to gauge Partner satisfaction with the implementation process and team. Follow up with individual project team members on their performance, and work with individuals on improving their skills and performance.
- Accurately track and monitor performance against established standards and key performance indicators, addressing escalated issues and working with Management by taking recommendations and suggestions to improve operations.
- Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found.
- Remains on-call during off-peak hours to respond to escalated Partner implementation issues.
- Manages Implementation Manager and Configuration Analyst staff including consultation on performance evaluations, promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities.
- Assist Implementation Manager and Configuration Analyst staff with their professional responsibilities.
- Coordinates training requirements.
- Thorough time tracking.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive training program for new and existing Implementation staff.
- Regarded as a team player and leader by colleagues and model SAMURAI’s values and culture.
- Serve as a primary interface to SAMURAI Partners when issues arise related to implementation.
- Provide outstanding Partner Service, including timely, concise and accurate responses, proactive Partner Issue management, while handling all Partner requests in a professional, positive, and dignified manner.
- Provide training and consultation, as needed, on functionality in the software.
- Works in consultation with Director of IM to establish, implement, and enforce efficient and effective processes, standards, procedures, and guidelines for the Implementation Department, as approved by Executive Management.
- Promote and exemplify Partner Centric thinking and actions.
- Adherence to SAMURAI’ s “Top 3 Priorities” management focus for Implementation.
- Drive the successful implementation of SAMURAI Management Systems, such as Green/Yellow/Red and Department/Employee SuperGraphics, to provide accurate and precise measures of Partner Services’ performance and productivity.
- Exemplary support and knowledge of C for successful utilization and optimization for SAMURAI’ s Partners.
- Remain a positive force and resource to motivate the Implementation Team on a consistent basis.
- Build positive and effective relations with other SAMURAI Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Delivering quality work while operating as a team player while valuing SAMURAI’s mission and culture.
Why you are qualified…
- 10+ years of professional work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 4+ years of team management experience required, preferably with a growing team.
- Project Management background preferred.
- Display willingness to make timely decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, support and explain the reasoning for decisions, and include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Ability to recruit, train, mentor and supervise team members and establish initiatives to motivate and educate staff.
- Establish strong relationships both internally and externally to grow and develop additional communication channels.
Who we are…
SAMURAI is a cloud-based service designed for giving life digital financial content and personalize them based on readers’ unique needs. We are a rapidly growing financial analysis, analytics and TaaS (Trading as a Service) platform helping hedge funds, banks, institutional investors and individual investors increase market engagement, gain insights, improve trade performance, and quantify risk/reward with world-class user experience and visualizations. We have an extraordinary team of passionate professionals, in various subject areas, who love working together to help build, manage and maintain the platform every trading day.
Stuff to perk you up even more…
- Excellent compensation package: Good hourly rates, yearly bonus, and stock options
- Four-day work week*
- Flexible work arrangements
- Training in new technologies and growth opportunities
- Learn from dedicated people and strong leadership
- Work for a dynamic and global workforce
- Opportunity to work from a choice of work centers in the future - India, Ukraine, Dominican Republic, and other countries.
*Starting in 2019.
SAMURAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all contractees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, We complies with all federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.